CARPENTER / MULTI-TRADE
We are looking to fill a full-time position.
All applicants must be willing to work out-of-town.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Measure, cut, shape and join moldings, wood materials, drywall and plastic materials.
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, moldings and hardware.
- Build floor beams and subflooring.
- Build walls and install partitions.
- Install suspended ceilings.
- Build and install framing for dropped ceilings, counters, indirect lighting and display cases.
- Erect prefabricated roof trusses, braces and sheathing.
- Build in place pitched roof systems.
- Build roof trusses.
- Build built in place flat roofs.
- Install flashing.
- Install interior doors / exterior doors including hardware.
- Install floor tiles or rolled flooring.
- Install drywall and vapour barrier / insulation.
- Tape drywall.
- Build porches and verandas.
- Build decks and fences.
- Build and install flat forms, scaffolding, ramps and ladders.
All applicants that can provide proof of skilled experience in soffit / fascia / windows / capping and other exterior metal related work will be shortlisted for an interview.
Minimum (5) years work experience.
Must be bondable and pass a criminal record check.
Must have a valid Class G driver’s license.
Valid Police Check.
Strong work ethic. (References)
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Hamilton / Niagara / GTA)
First Response is a full service, privately held company providing Structural Restoration,
Remediation and Environmental Emergency Services to both the private and public sectors.
First Response is currently seeking an expert painter who can immediately put their experience to
work on a variety of building initiatives involving both commercial and residential applications.
Objectives of this Role
• Load and unload, and identify and distribute materials to the appropriate location
• Communicate effectively with clients to understand exact specifications and demands
• Provide accurate estimations reflective of job completion timeframes
• Update clients on the progress of work throughout the engagement
• Smooth and prepare surfaces for painting, including sanding and remove old paint
• Fill nail holes, cracks, and joints with putty, plaster, or other filler as required
• Tape, float, and texture walls and ceilings
• Stain, seal, and varnish wood surfaces
• Erect scaffolding or set up ladder to perform tasks above ground level
• Mix paints efficiently to meet color and tone expectations
• Work on a variety of mediums as required of the job
• Always adhere to safety guidelines and procedures
• Maintain a professional impression always
• Keen eye for aesthetic and visual precision
• High attention to detail
• Meticulous and diligent
• Steady hand to ensure precision
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Flexible to travel to job sites
• Clean-up and disposal
• Equipment set up and take down
REQUIRED Skills and Qualifications
(Only those with the following qualifications need apply.)
• Minimum Experience 5 years residential / commercial painting
• Possess a Class G Drivers Licence with clean driving record
• Clear Criminal Check / Bondable
• Willing to work 24/7 in an on-call environment
• Willing to work out-of-town (at times)
Hourly Rate will be solely based on experience and qualifications. We offer a lucrative hourly wage
for specialty work subject to premiums and per diems for out of town work.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com